Our newest border application at Exclusive Bordering Company is Glitter. A shimmering border of glitter around either 1, 2, 3, or all four edges of the sheet will prove to be a sparkling embellishment to any stationery, invitation or announcement. Normally people choose a wider border of glitter (up to 1/8″) because the narrower the glitter border is, the less noticeable it is. And as we all know… Bling is where it’s at!
Envelopes too can be glitter bordered to make a striking matching ensemble. As a rule, this is normally done so during the envelope manufacturing process. Exceptions to this rule can be made but please contact us first.
As with all our hand finishing services, the surface preparation of the piece is critical. We must first obtain an ultra-smooth, clean and dust free edge. Once all sheets have been accurately trimmed smooth and are clean and dust free, can we then begin to glitter border.
Using their “tools of the trade” our trained artisans meticulously fan out by hand each sheet or card to the desired width or “border” onto specially designed boards. Extra care must be taken when fanning as each subsequent step of the operation must guarantee that all edges stay straight, clean and evenly spaced. Once the glitter has been selected each sheet is carefully “glittered” paying particular attention to proper coverage and consistency. The boards are then staged where the finishes “cure,” await inspection and are then gathered and the process is repeated.
Whether you’re looking for Glittering Gold, Sparkling Silver or specialty glitters like pink, purple or even black, your choice of colors is only limited by your imagination. We stock many glitters but can also blend to custom match most colors to your specifications.
Check out these examples of Glitter
The individuality of each sheet authenticates the skilled craftsmanship of our “Glitter Borders”
Small orders require 3-5 working days. Rushes, including same day, are available for an additional charge.
- The same procedures for preparation should be followed as outlined in Hand Bordering.
- We can work with your paper or we can furnish the stock.
- Care should be taken when running glittered sheets through your laser printer or copier. We recommend single sheet feeding and always run a few test sheets first.
- We must work with the finished size sheet when glitter bordering.
- A clean, dust free edge is imperative to assure a clean, crisp border.
- We can cut your paper to size from full size sheets or final trim your pre-printed sheets.